Greater Milwaukee National Staff Development Organization
Mark Your Calendars!
- Spring Conference June, 22, 2018
- Please click here for flyer GMNSDO Spring Conference 2018
- Celebrate Nursing Professional Development Week September 23-29, 2018!
- Association of Nursing Professional Development 2018 Annual Convention in Lake Buena Vista, FL.: July 17-20, 2018.
- GMNSDO usually offers two programs/year.
- Please check back often for upcoming events.
- Please click here for a list of past programs.
The Greater Milwaukee Nursing Staff Development Organization (GMNSDO) was started in 1978 to promote education, networking, and research among Milwaukee, Wisconsin area nurse educators in various roles. GMNSDO is affiliated with the Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD), formerly known as the National Nurse Staff Development Organization (NNSDO).
Last Modified: 02-13-18
GOALS OF GMNSDO
Staff development, as a specialty of nursing practice, is:
- Defined by standards
- Based on research
- Directed at quality patient and organizational outcomes
- Positioned to enhance the mission of ANPD which is as follows:
ANPD advances the specialty practice of staff development for the enhancement of quality healthcare outcomes. Staff development as a specialty of nursing practice is defined by standards, based on research, and critical to quality patient and organizational outcomes.
The GMNSDO Bylaws were last updated in March, 2016.